How To fix Epson printer not printing issue
Are you facing printer-related errors, especially if your Epson printer is not printing issue with its error code shows; follow the steps given below.
- Check your printer connection
- Set the printer as the default printer
- Update your Epson printer driver
- Check the Print Spooler service
- Clear all print jobs
- Use another program to print your document
- Check ink cartridges
Check your printer connection
It’s highly recommended to cross-check the connection between the printer and computer to avoid basic Epson printer setup errors and troubles.
If it is a USB Cable connection:
- Ensure the cable is properly connected. If not, reconnect the cable and check they are connected to the respective ports on the printer and your computer.
- Connect the printer directly to your computer without any hub support.
- Connect the cable to another USB port on your computer and check whether it works or not.
If it is a network connection (Wireless):
- Ensure the network connection, router and modem are good.
- Check the network connection of your printer and confirm that the printer is properly connected to the network.
- If it is a wireless printer, then connect your printer to the home or work network.
You can also refer to the printer manual for instructions on reconnecting to the network printer.
If you connect your printer via Bluetooth:
- Confirm whether the printer and computer are placed nearby.
- Then, reconnect the printer with your computer and look whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Set the printer as the default printer
You can expect your printer might not work because it’s not set as the default printer on your computer. To set your Epson printer as your default printer, use the below steps:
- Make use of the active keyboard, press the Windows logo key, and Rat at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Just type “control” and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Move to the View by to pick the option- Large icons.
- Tap the option- Devices and Printers.
- Then, you have to right-click your printer to choose the Set as default printer.
Update your Epson printer driver
If the Epson printer driver software is in trouble or not updated, you can expect the Epson printer is not printing issue. To get the printer’s active mode and accessibility, download the latest Epson printer driver on your computer using the steps below.
We have a team of skilled experts to recognize the issue, troubleshoot, and get back the Epson printer online. To download the driver, use the below steps:
- Go to the official Epson website.
- Enter the printer model to download the driver software. Run the exe file and install the driver.
- Take a test print to ensure the Epson printer is printing or not.
Check the Print Spooler service
Whereas, the Print Spooler service aid to the computer has many print jobs and the communication between your printer and computer. If your Epson printer can’t work properly, make sure the service is turned ON. Periodically, have a look at the services to avoid these kinds of troubles.
To check this service:
- Use the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at a time to invoke the Run box.
- Then, mention the “Services.msc” and press Enter on your keyboard. Further, access using the Services window.
- Double-tap the Print Spooler.
- Confirm the Startup type is set to Automatic and its Service status is running.
- If not applicable, use the Start-up type to Automatic, and tap the Start button.
- Hit OK.
Clear all print jobs
After trying the above four methods, still your epson printer not printing; check with the print queue or any issues like print job stuck or related concerns. Clear your print queue using the below steps.
What are print jobs?
During the process of printing, the computer will assign a print job in the print queue (Sequence of the print job to be done). At a certain period of printing, your print job in the queue might get stuck and stops printing.
How to clear print jobs:
- Use the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type “services.msc” and give Enter on your keyboard. Connect through the Services window.
- Double-tap the Print Spooler.
- Hit Stop > OK.
- minimize the Services window and access using File Explorer (on your keyboard, hit the Windows logo key and E at the same time).
- Copy and paste %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard to locate the print queue.
- Clear all the files and restore the services. Then, double-click the Print Spooler service.
- Hit the Start button and once it gets activated, hit OK to save the change and close this dialog.
- Turn OFF the computer by closing all the tabs and let them be idle and again rearrange the printer setup to make a test print.
Use another program to print your document
If you still face the printer not printing issue with your printer, this can also be the reason for the program corruption trigger. Make a test using another program on your printer. If find any issue with the program, contact its developer or vendor for instant support or install another solution.
Check ink cartridge
- Use the Start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Right-click on your Epson printer > Printing Preferences.
- Access through the options like Maintenance tab > tap on Epson Status Monitor 3.
If you find any ink cartridge installation or replacement, try to change the new one instantly by removing the old one. Added to this, inspect whether the cartridges are clogged, you need to de-clog them using a pin or sharp object.
If you still face “Epson printer not printing issue” – Call Our Technical Team for the instant solution and assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can also get this error due to an old cartridge which may not be that easy to recognize by the printer. Eventually, printheads clog due to nozzles getting blocked by either air or ink. Clear them out instantly for active printer access.
- Switch OFF the desired printer using the Power button.
- Make use of any sharp pointed object or pin to press and hold the Reset button at the back of the printer.
- Switch ON the printer but let it with the Reset button pressed for at least 5 seconds.
- Finally, it’s time to release the Reset button once you notice the warning page printout.
- First, turn ON the Epson printer.
- Then, press the Home button on the printer’s control panel.
- Make use of the navigation arrow button to pick Wi-Fi Setup > OK.
- Confirm with Wi-Fi Setup Wizard> OK.
- Find your network > enter your network password > OK.