How to Fix the Epson Printer Offline Problem?
Attaining quality prints is simple and easy with the Epson printers. However, sometimes the Epson printer shows an offline problem while printing. Though this is not a big problem, some of you might not know how to fix it. Considering this, here we are explaining the simple and standard methods for fixing Epson printer offline problem.
What is Epson Printer Offline Error- How to Resolve?
The Epson printer offline error might occur during the printing process. This problem occurs due to the error between the computer and the Epson printer.
Apart from this, there are some simple reasons as well. The reasons include paper jam error, USB cable connection problem, and technical issues with the Epson printer driver.
How Does My Epson Printer Will Get Back to Online Mode?
Converting the offline Epson printer to the online mode is a simple process. For this, first, find out the exact problem behind this and the method to resolve it. Now, here we are discussing the method to fix the Epson printer offline error easily.
Step 1: Check the Epson Printer and the USB Cords Connected to it
- Check and confirm that the USB cords are properly inserted into the printer. If your Epson printer has networks, then ensure that the Ethernet cables are properly inserted.
- If the Epson printer has a wireless network connection, then ensure the internet connection is stable. After that, make sure that the router and printer are properly connected.
- Check the connection between the computer and Epson printer. Make sure the connection is stable.
- If any problem with any of the USB cables, then consider replacing them with new and suitable cables.
Step 3: Stop the Print Jobs
- Access the control panel section of the computer connected to the printer.
- Choose the option- Devices and Printers and right-click on the Printer in question icon.
- Right-click on the option- See what’s printing and choose- Cancel.
- The print jobs will get properly canceled.
- Then, click on the “See what’s printing” option and access the Printer button.
- Finally, select the displayed “Use Printer Online” option.
Still, if the Epson printer is not getting back to online mode, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Set the Epson Printer Online Manually
- Move on to the computer connected to your Epson printer.
- Then, click the Start button and choose the control panel option.
- Select the Devices and Printers option and right-click on the icon “Printer in question”.
- Choose the option- See what’s printing and select the Printer button.
- Finally, choose the shown option- Use Printer Online.
If the Epson printer offline problem is there, then move on to the next step.
Step 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Epson Printer Driver
- Access the computer and move on to the control panel section.
- Then, click on the Devices and Printers option and choose the Printer option.
- Choose your Epson printer and select the shown option- Remove Device.
- Wait for the printer removal process to be over.
- After that, access the Devices and Printers section again.
- Choose the “Add Printer” option and add your Epson printer as per the wizard steps.
Apart from this, there is one more method to make the offline printer online. You can choose the above or below method as per your convenience.
- Access the computer, which is in connection with the Epson printer.
- Move on to the computer control panel section and go for the option- Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the shown “Printer in Question” option and choose- See what’s printing.
- Choose the displayed Printer option and click- Use Printer Online.
- Check whether any print jobs are there. If any print jobs, then remove them.
- To remove the print jobs, choose the Printer menu and select- Cancel all documents.
- Now, print a sample document to ensure there are no problems.
- After that, switch off the Epson printer and switch ON it after a few minutes.
- Check and ensure to have no jammed papers in the Epson printer.
- Then, ensure that the Wi-Fi network is stable.
- Finally, reboot the computer.
If in case this method does not work, then uninstall and reinstall the Epson printer driver.
To uninstall and reinstall the Epson printer driver, follow the steps given below:
- Move on to the computer and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your preferred Epson printer name and choose- Printer Properties.
- Now, select the “Advanced” tab and choose- Uninstall driver.
- The device will remove the installed Epson printer driver.
- After that, check the OS version of the computer.
- Search for the Epson printer driver compatible with the OS version.
- Once you find the compatible printer driver, download its setup file on the computer.
- Extract the driver setup file and continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Finish the Epson printer driver reinstallation process.
Still, if your preferred Epson printer is offline, contact our expert customer support team.