Epson EcoTank-8550 Printer
This compact printer, the Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550, is specifically designed to produce digital art. The colors are vibrant with sharp texts and aim for high accuracy, and this 6 colored printer produces fast photo prints in a matter of seconds. This printer brings home studio-quality prints and allows you to print images with detailed high resolution.
With the replaceable ink and the Epson concept of ink tanks, it makes the printer eco-friendly.
Despite the complex nature of the printer, the setup process and the installation of the driver are rather simple and easy to complete. To assist you with the process, we have created simple guidelines. Follow the instructions below to set up, download and install the driver and troubleshoot issues with the printer.
- For the Epson Photo ET-8550 first-time setup process, here is a quick and easy-to-navigate.
- The first step is to remove the printer from the box and set it up.
- Power up the printer using the power cord and fill in the tanks with ink.
- Fill up the paper tray with good-quality sheets.
- Connect the Epson Photo ET 8550 printer to a network using the USB or wireless network option.
- There are a few options that be used to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- The WPS details can be keyed directly through the printer’s control panel.
- The other options available are the WPS pin and the WPS push button option.
- The Epson Photo ET-8550 printer comes with features that take care of all printing needs.
- It allows you to print, copy and scan.
- The printer is so accessible that it can be directly connected to devices.
- These added features make it the best all-in-one printer.
Epson Photo Eco Tank-8550 for Driver Download
Epson ET Photo 8550 driver download for Windows
For the Epson ET-8550 printer to function at its full potential, you must download driver software. You will have to open the Epson printer website to download the Epson printer driver. Here, you will have to key in details such as the printer’s name, in this case, Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550, and the operating system, Windows OS. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download and the installation of the driver.
Epson ET Photo 8550 driver download for Mac
The process is the same for the download of the driver for a Mac. To begin the download of the printer driver for a Mac OS, open the Epson printer website on the Mac devices’ browser. Here, you will have to enter the details of the printer, such as the name and the detail of the operating system, Mac OS. Follow the instructions and complete the download and installation of the Epson Photo ET-8550 printer.
Epson EcoTank - 8550 First Time Printer Setup
This is the most important step in the physical installation of the printer. Here, the steps have to follow accurately to avoid any mishap in the future while using the printer. Follow the below steps to complete the first-time setup.
Epson Eco Tank- 8550 Unboxing Setup
Follow the below guidelines to begin the first step.
- Open the box of the Epson Photo ET 8550 printer carefully.
- Remove the brand new printer and place it on a flat surface.
- Make sure the space chosen is safe and secure.
- Remove all the protective material that is found on the printer.
Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 Printer Guidelines
- Ensure that the space chosen to place the printer is safe and sturdy.
- The printer should be in close range with the router and the device.
- The printer should have direct access to a power supply without the need for extensions.
- Avoid exposing the printer to heat and hazardous areas.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Epson EcoTank - 8550 Printer Driver Setup
- After the printer has been set up manually, an Epson Photo ET-8550 driver has to be downloaded so that the printer can be used to its fullest potential.
- For this, on the device, visit the Epson website and key in details of the printer.
- It will give you a list of drivers to download. Download the all-in-one printer option.
- Download and then run the file to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen process for the installation until you reach the end of the setup.
Epson EcoTank - 8550 Printer Installation
Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 Installation For Windows
After the printer has been set up, the installation of the driver follows next. The need to download a driver is that it will assist in making use of all the printer’s features. The manual setup would include:
- Connecting to the power supply.
- Fill the tank with ink and loading sheets of paper in the tray.
- On the Windows device, open the Epson website using the web browser.
- You will be redirected to a page where you must enter details such as the printer name and operating system – Epson Photo ET-8550 and Windows OS.
- A list of drivers will show up; here; you should choose the all-in-one option.
- Download and then run the file that is found in the download bar or folder.
- To complete the installation, follow the process and prompts on-screen.
- You will be asked to connect to a network, follow the instructions, and complete the Epson Photo ET-8550 printer.
Epson Photo Eco Tank-8550 Installation for Mac
- Turn on the Mac device and open the web browser. Enter the details, such as the printer name – Epson Photo ET-8550.
- From a drop-down menu, choose the operating system, Mac OS.
- Based on the details given, drivers will show up.
- Choose the all-in-one option and then download it. Locate the file in the download bar.
- Run the downloaded file to begin the installation of the Epson ET-8550 driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation for the Epson Photo ET-8550 on a Mac device.
Epson Photo et-8550 printer setup utility
Epson photo ET 8550 Scan Utility
- Begin the process after the manual, and physical setup of the printer is complete.
- Following this, ensure that the Epson Photo ET-8550 and the Windows or Mac device are connected to the same wireless network.
- On the website for Epson, download the scan utility driver, or the all-in-one driver can be downloaded.
- Run the file to begin the installation process.
- Install the file and then use the scan option, press scan in the Utility bar and proceed.
Epson Photo ET 8550 Fax Utility
- The Epson ET Photo 8550 printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Open the Epson website on the devices’ browser to download and install the Fax Utility driver.
- Here, key in the details and download it. Choose either a fax utility driver, or you can choose the all-in-one driver software to commence the download and installation.
- Run the file once downloaded and then proceed to install it.
- Once that is complete, open the driver and click on the Fax option from the utility bar.
- From here, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed and send a fax across.
Epson Photo Eco Tank-8550 Services
Epson Photo et-8550 WPS Setup
The Epson Photo ET-8550 printer can be connected to a network with the multiple options given. It is categorized into two – USB cable and the other is wireless network connection. The wireless network connection allows you to use more than one way to connect, that is, through the WPS setup. Either the WPS credentials can be entered directly into the printer’s control panel, or the user has the option of a WPS push button or WPS pin.
Epson Photo et-8550 Wi-Fi Direct
Epson Photo et-8550 driver supports the Wi-Fi direct mode setup to connect with your mobiles, smart phones, tablets or PCs without any routers and access points. Wi-Fi Direct is usually a peer-to-peer connection which can be Epson setup easily; click Home screen-Apps- Settings- Wi-Fi Direct connection.
Epson Photo et-8550 Scan to Cloud
This added feature of the Epson Photo ET 8550 printer allows you to scan and save documents to the cloud rather than a device. Make sure that the printer has the cloud details and the settings have been made to accommodate accordingly. The file can be directly added to a cloud account.
Epson Photo et-8550 Google Cloud Print
This feature allows you to print files in the absence of elaborate procedures and steps. Here prints can be made directly from multiple devices such as smartphones, tabs, laptops etc. This feature makes the print process simple and easy without any elaborate process.
Epson Photo Eco Tank-8550 Troubleshooting
The Epson ET Photo 8550 printer is prone to face issues at some point and this would cause a huge hindrance in the completion f everyday work. Therefore, we have created a series of steps that are to be followed when the printer fails to function effectively.
Photo Eco Tank-8550 Print Quality Problems
- Here are some common issues that you might face when using an Epson ET Photo 8550 printer. These issues can be noticed on the printers that are given.
- The issues are vertical and horizontal banding, misalignment, incorrect colouring, blotting, etc.
- The first check should be the nozzles. Make sure it is clear of any clogs.
- Make sure the paper is placed in a proper alignment to avoid misalignment.
- Make sure the paper settings are correct. Check the printer’s control panel and make quality adjustments.
- Check the ink tank, see if the ink needs to be changed and replace the sheets of paper from the paper tray and replace it with proper paper.
Epson Photo Eco Tank-8550 Blurry or Smeared Printout
- First, check the quality of the paper, the paper should be free of any creases or folders.
- The quality of the paper should be good to avoid any blotting.
- The paper that is in the paper tray should be dry and not damp.
- Lower the copy density of the paper as well.
- Check the paper tray, it should be clean and dry.
Photo Eco Tank-8550 Power Ink Flushing
- Make sure the printer is ready for the ink flushing. No alerts should appear on the printer’s display.
- Open the Epson ET Photo 8550 printer on the device and right-click. From the options given, choose Maintenance.
- This will initiate the process. Follow the on-screen instructions to flush the ink tubes.
- After this is done, check then check the nozzles.
- Clean the printer head at the point and make sure that the printer is maintained properly frequently.
How to reset the Epson ET Photo 8550?
- Turn on the printer and then proceed to remove any cable that is connecting the Epson ET Photo 8550 printer and the device.
- Look for the reset button and the power button. Now press and hold both at the same time.
- This should be done for a few seconds. A message will pop up on the screen. Proceed to reset it.
- After the reset is done, you will have to once again connect the printer to a wireless connection or use the USB option.
epson-print.us is an independent service provider of tech support for third-party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product, and services is only for reference and to furnish information. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from the manufacturer. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies before using our Web site.