Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find a printer in Windows 11
What causes Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer error?
Prior, must ensure the possible causes that induce the “Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer” error on your compatible Windows 11 or 10 computers. You can get such an error alert message if you have the following reasons given below.
- Check whether your Epson printer is turned off. Make sure you have turned ON or OFF.
- Look at the network discovery option whether it is disabled on your Windows system device.
- Inspect whether your Epson printer is connected to another network.
- Make sure your Firewall is blocking the software from reading the internet.
- Improper ink cartridge arrangements.
Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find a printer in windows 11/10.
- Inspect the Network Discovery setting on your Windows 11/10 computer.
- Make sure the ink cartridges are correctly placed in their respective slots.
- Add permissions to the Windows Firewall or your third-party Firewall.
- Try to Reset the Epson Printer Network and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Then, you have to look at whether you have any Updates or reinstall your printer driver issues.
- Now, let us look at the above-mentioned in detail.
Check the Network Discovery setting on your Windows 11/10 computer
If the Network Discovery Settings is under OFF status, the network will grab another device to get connect with. Use the below steps to arrange the settings accordingly.
- First, you need to Right-click start and select Settings.
- Then, you need to proceed with the settings like Network & internet > Advanced internet settings.
- Further, tap the option- Advanced sharing settings under the More settings section.
- Turn ON the button next to the Network discovery.
- Access and open the Windows 10 Settings.
- Tap the option- Network & internet.
- Further, pick the Status from the left side and select the Network and sharing center under the Advanced network settings section. Wait for the Control Panel.
- On the next page, choose the Change advanced sharing settings from the left side.
- Now, proceed with the Turn on network discovery radio button.
- Finally, try to save changes.
Check if you have placed the cartridge correctly
Many of the users have identified the cause of the error might be due to the incorrect insertion of cartridges in the Epson printer. this can be due to some unseen handlings on your printer while the printer setup arrangements. Therefore, it’s a suggestion to remove the improperly placed cartridge and insert them again into their respective Epson printer. Now, try to inspect whether the issue has aroused again or not.
Add permissions to the Windows Firewall or your third-party Firewall
You can also have the possibility to have Windows Firewall blocking the Epson Connect Printer Setup from retrieving the internet that might bring this error message. Try to attempt by disabling your Windows Firewall or third-party Firewall temporarily. If this works, you can also whitelist the Epson Connect Printer Setup in Windows Firewall or your third-party Firewall.
Reset your Printer network and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network
First, you have to Reset your desired Epson printer from its Control Panel. Then, you have to reconnect the Wi-Fi network manually using the Epson printer’s Control Panel. The steps might get differ from different models of Epson printers. Therefore, have the support of the given user manual for top-to-toe guidance.
Update or reinstall your printer driver
Or else, try to do an update or reinstallation of the Epson printer driver and look at whether it helps or not. Open the Device Manager and try to expand the Print queues mode. Further, right-click on your desired Epson printer driver and choose the desired Update driver option. If at all, updating the driver does not work, uninstall the existing one by using the settings given on the Device Manager. You can also, visit the Epson official website of Epson and download the latest version of the driver. Now, Epson Printer installs it manually by running the installer file.