Epson ecoTank pro-5170 Printer
Epson EcoTank Pro et-5170 printer supports the Eco Tank Pro technology that comes with the Ecological Tank Pros for filling the inks and acts as ink reservoirs.Unlike the traditional cartridges, these reservoirs can fill the ink easily. at a single fill, the inks can last long up to 2 years. For more features and updates, choose epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver to stay with latest technology. Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 setup allows you to connect with Air Print, Google Print, Wi-Fi and also using the USB port.It saves almost 80 percent of the ink.
- Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 can print 4000 black pages and 6500 color
- It can print 9pages per minute in black and 4.5 pages in color.
- Maximum printing resolution is up-to 5760*1440 dpi in B/w and color.
- epson ecoTank pro et-5170 driver comes with the ink equivalent to 20 traditional ink cartridges, can hold the ink for 2years.
- Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 can print in plain paper, Envelopes, bond paper, matte paper, glossy paper and in A4 sheet etc.
- Scanning optical resolution is 1200*2400 dpi.
- A refillable reservoir is available to fill the ink bottles on your ecoTank Pro printers.
- Saves up to 80% of ink with very low replacement cost.
- Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 can connect with both Windows and Apple MAC OS.
- Supports connectivity with .
- Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 supports PC-free printing with Built-in memory card slot.
- It can print with Android Smartphones, iPads, iPhones, iPods and tablets.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 for Driver Download
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 for Windows
The Printer drivers need to be updated often because they contain some packages and software that helps you to work with your printer even more effectively with all the new features. The printer drivers for Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Setup can be downloaded from the official www.epson-print.us. The epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver Software is available for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. To download the Drivers click the Download button underneath.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 for Mac
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer is a multi-function printer which needs user manuals and instructions to guide them to scan & print effectively. The instruction CD/DVD comes with your printer for initial installation, you can use it. For updating it again you can download user manuals to understand the user guidelines and S etting up the printer. Download the User manual for Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 here.
Epson ecoTank pro - 5170 First Time Printer S etup
Unboxing the printer needs fragile handling especially the Eco Tank Pro printers because they come with the ink Tank Pros which are not like the sealed traditional cartridges. These Ecological ink filling Tank Pros are so sensitive on epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver. Which may leak and spoil your surface if their caps are opened.
Epson Eco Tank Pro- 5170 Unboxing Setup
To unbox the Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer from the packaging please follow these steps:
- Step 1:Use a knife, blade or scissors to cut the box on top.
- Step 2: Open the box carefully without scratching the printer with knife or any sharp object.
- Step 3: Cut only the tape covering the box.
- Step 4: Lift the printer out and place it on a firm table.
- Step 5: Gently peel off the plastic sheecoTank Pro pro et wrappers from the printer.
- Step 6: Remove the blue colored protective tapes.
- Step 7: Make sure your Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer box contains the following accessories, Power cable,Eco Tank Pro 4 ink bottles(Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black), Instruction Manual CD/DVD for the product S etup
- Step 8: Carefully remove the ink Tank Pros from the cover and check the color, quality
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Printer Guidelines
Every printer differs in its features and specification, understand your printer model first then start using them. Follow the instructions in the user manual carefully in order to use your printer effectively & efficiently.
- Step 1: Make sure that your ecoTank Pro et- 5170 printer is near to the power supply.
- Step 2: Always choose a comfortable workplace for your printer.
- Step 3: Place the printer near the wall or on a firm table.
- Step 4: Do not place the Eco Tank Pro -5170 printer near the opened window.
- Step 5: Keep it away from children.
- Step 6: Do not place the printer near the kitchen or near the micro oven.
- Step 7: Avoid placing it in the direct sunlight.
- Step 8: Make sure it is free from dust, heat and away from water.
- Step 9: Do not leave your Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 idle without using it for many days.
Epson ecoTank Pro pro - 5170 Printer Driver S etup
After d Pro pro etaching your epson ecoTank Pro pro et-5170 driver from the packaging materials, now it’s time for you to S et up the printer. Users who are new to S etting a printer make sure you follow these instructions carefully,
- Step 1: Choose the workplace for your Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer.
- Step 2: Make sure the printer is near to power supply.
- Step 3: Plug in the power cord to the rear side of the printer and press the power button.
- Step 4: Open the ink Tank Pros which are on the back side of the printer.
- Step 5: Remove the Tank Pro stopper to fill the ink inside.
- Step 6: Please remember to protect your surface from ink spilling.
- Step 7: Carefully pour the ink into the corresponding ink Tank Pros.
- Step 8: Replace the stoppers once filled.
- Step 9: Switch to the printer and follow the on-screen instructions which prompt.
- Step 10: Press and hold the Ok button for 3 seconds.
- Step 11: It takes almost 20 minutes to charge the ink.
- Step 12: Once the screen prompts with the message “ink is charged” it will ask you to select your preferred language.
- Step 13: Choose the language, date, time and country using the arrow keys available.
- Step 14: Click ok button and the printer will load the information for loading paper.
- Step 15: Pull the paper input tray up and place the paper for printing.
- Step 16: Your printing is now ready to print.
- Step 17: Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 S etup is a multifunction printer which saves the ink unlike the traditional cartridges that ask you for cartridge replacement, ecoTank Pro et-2250 model will save the ink up-to 20% and prints for 2 years continuously without refilling the Ecological ink Tank Pros.
- Step 18: You can save up to 80% of ink while printing using the Eco Tank Pro-5170 model, which comes with the low-cost replacement ink bottles.
Epson ecoTank Pro-5170 Printer Installation
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Installation For Windows
The installation software for the Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model will be available in www.epson-print.us. you can download from it directly and install it or use our site to download the drivers and software and install them. The official site always provides you the option to download them according to your Windows 32 or 64 bit. Download the epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 drivers compatible with your windows configuration and OS.
Auto-update option is available in windows, you can turn in ON and change your windows Settings for downloading the updated drivers and software automatically. When manually installing a printer driver from the CD/DVD, make sure you are downloading the suitable version and drivers for your windows and Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 S etup model. Follow these steps to install the drivers and software on your Windows easily,
- Step 1: When you choose to download the latest updated drivers and software, go to Epson’s official website and select the suitable file according to your OS.
- Step 2: Note that your downloaded file will always be a Zip file you have to exact files to install it in your windows.
- Step 3: You have to sign in with the administrator’s username and password to download the files.
- Step 4: Go to Start menu-Windows specific drivers- Maintenance tab, there will be three tabs namely Drivers, Utilities, and Firmware.
- Step 5: Click on the epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver tab to download it.
- Step 6: The downloaded file will be shown in the Download folder or you can change the path, where exactly the files have to be stored.
- Step 7: Click the .exe file to install the drivers and software in your windows PC.
- Step 8: Go to the Device Manager Device Manager Menu.
- Step 9: A list of hardware categories will be displayed there.
- Step 10: Now move to the epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver tab, click update printer driver for Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170.
- Step 11: The installation process begins; wait for the process to complete.
- Step 12: Once the drivers and software installation process is done, your system asks you to restart the windows.
- Step 13: Restart your device and check whether your system is updated with the new updated software or not, if not update it again properly.
- Step 14: Ensure the Auto update is always on.
- Step 15: To change the Settings in your windows, go to Settings- PC Settings-Update and recovery windows update.
- Step 16: Choose the option Install updates automatically so that your windows will update automatically when connected with the network.
Once the drivers and software are successfully installed your Eco Tank Pro-5170 model will be ready to print the files and documents both in color and B/W. The Ecological ink Tank Pros in this printer model are good in printing and save your ink up-to 80 percent. It is a recyclable product.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Installation for Mac
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer’s drivers and software can be downloaded for Mac OS also which helps you to install the new version. Choose the drivers carefully according to your OS configuration and your Eco Tank Pro printer model. Updating the drivers and software will allow your MAC device to adapt with the new features.
The latest software updates will be available in the official website download the drivers for Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model from Apple’s Software Update or use the CD which is provided with your printer. Follow these steps to easily install the printer drivers on your Mac device.
- Step 1: Insert the installation CD/DVD for installing the drivers and software for your Mac device.
- Step 2: Download the drivers and go to the download folder.
- Step 3: Click the dmg format file to create a disk image on MAC desktop.
- Step 4: Open the disk image and click the installer icon.
- Step 5: Begin installation and follow the instructions that pop up on your Mac device.
- Step 6: A prompt wizard shows you a Set of languages that are used by your Macintosh or the printer model Eco Tank Pro-5170.
- Step 7: Select yourpreferred language and go to the printer driver folder, use the admin username & password to install the drivers.
- Step 7: Select your preferred language and go to the printer driver folder.
- Step 8: Click the install option and enter all the details and proceed.
- Step 9: The installation wizard with the Terms and conditions will appear on your screen.
- Step 10: Read them carefully and select the checkbox “I agree to the agreement” and click Ok.
- Step11: Once the installation process completes, restart your device.
- Step12: Go to Applications, Utilities, printer options.
- Step13: Select your Eco Tank Pro model and click the Printer S etup utility folder.
- Step14: Change the printer’s Settings and start printing.
Epson epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver is now installed successfully on your Mac device. You can now try printing your documents, file, texts and even photos with minimal ink usage. The ink reservoirs are used to fill the ink Tank Pros when they need to be filled.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Services
Epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 WPS Setup
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature can be used for your Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model to connect with the network. It helps to connect without the wireless routes and the access points. You can S et up this WPS option from the Wi-Fi S etup wizard and connect to the network easily.
Epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 Wi-Fi Direct
epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver supports the Wi-Fi direct mode Setup to connect with your mobiles, smart phones, tablets or PCs without any routers and access points. Wi-Fi Direct is usually a peer-to-peer connection which can be Epson Setup easily; click Home screen-Apps- Settings- Wi-Fi Direct connection.
Epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 Scan to Cloud
Your Epson model Eco Tank Pro-5170 uses a feature “Scan to cloud” that allows you to scan a document or file and uploads it in the cloud account. The Cloud acts an online storage device to save your file and can be used from it. You can activate this option from your Google cloud S ettings and take prints from your Cloud-enabled printer
Epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 Google Cloud Print
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model supports Air Print which enables mobile printing. Using this Air Print option you can connect the iPod, iPad or iPhone with the network and can print easily from anywhere. No need to install drivers and software you can print directly. ecoTank pro et-5170 printer also supports Google Cloud Print feature.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting the problems that arise in Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer is discussed briefly here. We have provided the troubleshooting for some of the commonly found issues in Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 S etup . If you also face the same problem please use the instructions provided below. Troubleshooting the problems helps you to fix them and handle if it returns in future.
Eco Tank Pro-5170 Print Quality Problems
The quality of the printouts tends to lose at some time after using the printer for days. The Print quality problems can be resolved by following the experts’ advice and understanding the exact feature of Eco Tank Pro printer and handle it with care.
- Step 1: There are some common printer problems like horizontal banding, vertical misalignment or banding, slanted printouts and incorrect/missing colors. You can resolve them and print with high quality. Follow these steps carefully,
- Step 2: Check for any clogs in the nozzles and clean them.
- Step 3: ReS et the customized Settings, go to control panelàselect your printer ecoTank Pro pro et-5170 àselect the software Main menuàquality typeà Text & Image.
- Step 4: Under advanced dialog box, unselect the High-Speed check box.
- Step 5: If there is an issue with the colors, choose your Eco Tank Pro model and go to an advanced dialog box.
- Step 6: A Select application then adjusts the color Settings, if colors are still incorrect or missing, replace the Eco ink Tank Pros.
Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Blurry or Smeared Printout
If you feel that your Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer prints blurry or smeared printouts, try these solutions:
- Step 1: To avoid smeared printouts, use neat and clean paper without any crashes.
- Step 2: Do not print on the curled, old, damp papers.
- Step 3: Make sure you use the correct paper as there in the paper configuration
- Step 4: Turn off the high-speed print Settings in your Eco Tank Pro- 5170 printer model.
- Step 5: Allow the ink to S et on the glossy papers, do not touch or wipe the printed paper.
- Step 6: Smudging appears on the printouts which are printed on both sides.
- Step 7: Lower the copy density Settings on the control panel.
- Step 8: Check for the clogs in the printer nozzle and clean them.
- Step 9: Clean the input and output tray.
- Step 10: Make sure your paper is dry, free from dust and faced up correctly for printing.
Eco Tank Pro-5170 Power Ink Flushing
This feature Power Ink Flushing in the Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model allows you to flush the ink tubes. Before starting the Power Ink Flushing utility check whecoTank Pro pro ether the transportation lock on the ink Tank Pro unit is in unlock state. If not Set the ink Tank Pros to unlock position first then start the process.
- Step: 1 First, make sure there are no errors and warnings in the control panel of the Eco Tank Pro-5170 printer model.
- Step: 2 For Windows: Use the following steps to use the Power Ink Flushing process, Go to windows taskbar, Right-click the printer icon, Select Printer Settings, Maintenance
- Step: 3 For Mac OS: Go to Apple menu/Dock, Select System Preferences, Select Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Step: 4 Select epson ecoTank Pro et-5170 driver, Select Options & Supplies, Select Utility and open Printer Utility, Power Ink Flushing.
- Step: 5 Now carefully follow the on-screen instructions to flush the ink tubes.
- Step: 6 When you finish flushing the ink tubes, run a nozzle check to check the print quality. If necessary clean the print head.
Eco Tank Pro Refilling Ink to the Eco Tank Pro
If your printer prints blank pages or prints nothing, the main reason behind this issue might be ink drying or ink Tank Pro may be empty. The ecoTank Pro ink can be refilled easily to avoid this hindrance and continue printing as usual. In order to refill ink into the ink Tank Pros please follow the following steps,
- Step 1: The ink Tank Pros are located at the back side of the printer, check them first.
- Step 2: If ink gets dried up or there is no ink in the Eco Tank Pro then refill the ink according to the color specifications mentioned there.
- Step 3: Remember to protect the surface and your hands from ink spilling.
- Step 4: Open the ink Tank Pros and remove the Tank Pro stopper carefully.
- Step 5: Take any one of the ink Tank Pros and carefully pour the ink from the reservoirs to the ink Tank Pros from Epson Eco Tank Pro-5170 Setup.
- Step 6: Replace the stoppers once you have filled the ink.
- Step 7: Wait for the ink to charge to the printer, it will take about 20 minutes to charge the ink.
- Step 8: Once your printer is ready, check how the Eco Tank Pro-5170 model prints now both in color and B/W.
epson-print.us is an independent service provider of tech support for third-party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product, and services is only for reference and to furnish information. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from the manufacturer. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies before using our Web site.